http://wai-yien.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Pygmy Wren Babbler

Spent the long weekend birding at Genting Highlands to avoid the holiday exodus/traffic. Trees at the Old Pump House trail are fruiting and is a huge draw for birds. The Brown Barbets are the first few that visited  besides  Leafbirds and Bulbuls. 

I just love their inquisitive  poses.




I have seen this Pygmy Wren Babbler many times over, but it was either too dark or the undergrowth were  just too thick for any photo.  This time around I was a little luckier because he was perched on a thin branch across the undergrowth. Not a very crisp photo because I had NO  time to adjust my camera settings and lot of "post production" adjustments. This is a Pale Morph and a lovely tiny fella.  

Spotted at least 5 Red Headed Trogons (male Red Headed here) in a short morning, I think the season of love is approaching and they are out and about finding a mate : - )


 A Black Laughingthrush.

8 comments:

Denis Degullacion said...

Lovely collection. Fruitful breakaway.

Tabib said...

Never seen this Pygmy before.
You got that Trogon perched so low. Must go there again.

Patrina's Pencil said...

Oh, I agree , the pygmy's expressions are so funny. Great shots. I love the many different birds you have - birds that I've never heard of.

Patrina <")>><

Wong Tsu Shi said...

Nice collection.

Kah-Wai Lin said...

Nice series of images! I love the birds shot when they look at you. Eye contact!

Ari said...

Great catch Yen! the Brown Barbet look so adorable and the Trogons are just lovely, must tag along with you some day!

Chris said...

The three first shots are really sweet and well done... You have a tremendous amount of magnificent birds around you, and you take wonderful pictures of them... What a nice psot once again.

Madibirder said...

So that Pygmy did come out... when I'm not around. I'll get U another day! Looks like an excellent outing Yen.