http://wai-yien.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Kuala Selangor Nature Park

My last trip to Kuala Selangor back in late Feb was a very exciting one because I heard the call of a Mangrove Pitta, I have not been there until last Sunday and I was "defeated" by this elusive bird again.

Anyway, long story short, I was greeted by this Forest Wagtail foraging on the leafy ground as soon as I entered the park, how nice of him and I was pleasantly surprised that he is still around.

Here is the close up shot.

The Oriental White Eyes are especially active.

A Brown Shrike, probably his last month here in South East Asia Countries. 

The Ashy Tailorbirds are everywhere...



Spotted a Scarlet Backed Flowerpecker (juve) because of the orangey tinged on its uppertail coverts. No sight of the beautiful male/female though.


The very common Laced Woodpeckers to finish off.

9 comments:

digdeep said...

I love the woodpecker shot!

Cheers

Dave

hasyimi said...

All are beautiful photos. KSNP...still a good place t visit. My last visit there was almost 2 years ago.

madibirder said...

Great captures from KS, I've never seen the Laced Woodpecker before, lovely.

All Wild said...

a wonderful day, a wonderful world...

Tabib said...

Beautiful close up of Forest Wagtail,nice yellow clear background.
That Woodpecker is new to me.

wondersf said...

Yes, the harvest was OK, but the quality of the pictures is really rewarding.

eileeninmd said...

They are all great birds. Must have been a wonderful trip!

Gabriela Pana said...

splendid....beautiful...

Alvin Kuan said...

Hi, at approximately what time did you take the photos? and how long was your trip there?