http://wai-yien.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Paradise @ Taman Negara Kuala Koh


My first long trip in  2010 to Taman Negara Kuala Koh was simply "paradise" and managed to sight just under 40 species of birds and those that I have "heard" are not accounted for. Anyway, long story short, I was blessed with the sighting of the Asian Paradise Flycatcher on many occasions, the White Morph, Dark Morph and the sub adult male without its long central feathers tail. Only managed to photograph the white morph and the sub adult but not the Dark Morph long-tailed, next time may be.

The white morph Asian Paradise Flycatcher is simply stunning and is one of most beautiful bird of Malaysia, at least that is what I think.



There are two very interesting articles about ASian Paradise Flycatcher here that you should not missed.


12 comments:

madibirder said...

Fantastic find, good captures.Never seen the white morph before- simply stunning.

Choy Wai Mun said...

Love the shot of the male.

Anonymous said...

Congrats my friend A dream bird Madi looks like we got to go there too.............
mikebirder

wondersf said...

Young man, you are far away from home. How did you get this guy with the long tail to stay still for a shot?

Good luck came your way which many of us could only hope. I saw this guy in Merapoh for 2 straight days and no picture!

All Wild said...

wow.. beautiful, and I haven't seen the white morph..

terence said...

wow! nice shot Yen!! Since I pick up photography this bird have ben trying its best to avoid me.
heh heh

surin said...

wow!..indeed blessed with an awesome achievement. keep it coming...

yen said...

this is the time for birding I think, I came across with 4 different white morph (different individual because the length of the cabtal feathears tail vary in length), 1 long tailed dark morph and 2 sub adult in two days...man, I was awed.

I was never so lucky before, and yes, I have come acorss 2 long tailed dark morph when I visited Kuala Tahan last year but never once a white morph.

Maybe, just maybe...mating season come too soon for this species, so, I am puzzled.

Tabib said...

You lucky guy!

Paula Werner Severo said...

wow.. what beautifull and diferent bird! great shots!

Mat Ali said...

wish I would be more lucky the next around birding with you and that nice little girl in kuala koh

Dev Wijewardane said...

great shots. this seems to be a slightly different race to the on found in Sri Lanka. The Sri Lankan on hs a more pronounced crest.