http://wai-yien.blogspot.com/

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Flying Rhinos

Last day at Sg. Relau and I was puzzled as to why I have not seen any Hornbills except for the Oriental Pied on day 1; I have come across with  Black/White Crowned/Rhinoceros Hornbills at Sg. Relau before and I was wondering if I should be so lucky again on this trip.

As I was  approaching the steel bridge, the sound of "huup huup huup huup" was what I heard coming from behind me and is getting louder and louder ...and three (3) Hornbills with large orange colored casque flew pass me, they must be either Rhinoceros or Great Hornbills.

Adult male.

This is the juve.

9 comments:

Tabib said...

Wow!.. so close.

Paula Werner Severo said...

wonderfull and rare bird! very well done!

hasyimi said...

Great sighting! They came very close to you.

hasyimi said...

Great observation doc, congratulation!

terence said...

Nice hornbill picture. The juv is great

wondersf said...

The next attempt you need is to get your camera reflected in the eye. Good show of red on the beak!

JRandSue said...

Stunning shot.
John.

francescbb@hotmail.es said...

Good shots!! Gran blog!!

http://balapertotarreu.blogspot.com

Frank

Phil said...

A handsome beast Yen - the bird I mean.