http://wai-yien.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Birding in Penang

My original intention was to visit Cameron Highlands, I had decided otherwise because the waders have arrived and being a novice in waders, I figured I should try my hand with waders too.

Penang have some of the best waders roosting sites; Mun, Terence and Dave have some pretty impressive sighting/photos.There I was and I spent the weekend birding with members of MNS Penang Branch. I was introduced to many waders roosting/feeding site where we observed, counted and did some waders photography. All thanks to Terence and members of MNS Penang.

Terence and I did some 2 hrs owling on Saturday nite and it was very exciting  because we spotted the Colugo while we were "sweeping" the site for Owl. Besides the Colugo, we also spotted two Brown Hawk Owls but not the Bay Owl that Terence had intended to find.
























Here is a beautiful Brown Hawk Owl that has a large Yellow Eyes.   Photo 2 and 3 is where the Owl is keeping his beaks in check by filing  in against the wood.








4 comments:

Choy Wai Mun said...

Love your Brown Hawk-owl shots. Too bad I could not make it to the wader count. It would have been nice to meet you in person.

terence said...

Wow!! your Hawk-owl is good!
I regretted not bringing my camera with me.
Hope to see and bird with you again in near future.

madibirder said...

Beautiful Owl. Good find and great shots too. I've yet to get my first Burung Hantu. Hantu... I've had my lifer!

JRandSue said...

Lovely Owl Image.
Fantastic capture,well done.
John.