http://wai-yien.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Scarlet Rumped Trogon

Spotted at least 3 Scarlet Rumped Trogons at the Old Pump House Road but only managed to get shots from one angle and off she goes.

What I do noticed after numerous stalking attempts of this beautiful bird was the fact that they are always perched/seen at dark/moist places. I supposed that is where insects are abundance which they feed on.

Anyway, this is a female because of its brown head. I hope to replace this photograph soon.

























3 comments:

Dale Forbes said...

trogons are one of my favorite groups of birds. in south africa, we only had one (the beautiful red and green Narina Trogon) and so I was blown away by the piles of different trogons I discovered in central america. i dont think i have ever seen a trogon far from a dark, dank forest, so i think you are on to something there with your theory.

would love to see more trogon photos from your side of the world!

Dale
http://alpinebirds.blogspot.com

John said...

Nice trogon pic ! Seem very different of this female pic from normally what I saw which is male. Usually I will try the call when I heard it is calling some where and high chance it work, few time, it came near to our head top which is the trail side in Panti.

Abe Lincoln said...

I have never seen this bird before so it is a first for me. I am glad you pointed out that it is a female. My birds must land in my backyard here where I live so my selection is somewhat limited. My Birds Blog is the name of the blog but it isn't super-special like your blog.