http://wai-yien.blogspot.com/

Sunday, February 08, 2009

Woodpeckers of Kuala Selangor Nature Park

I come across three different type of Woodpeckers during my visit to Kuala Selangor Nature Park.

This Olive-Backed Woodpecker busy finding his morning prey spotted shortly after crossing the bridge as you enter the park.


























The second and third was this pair of woodpeckers pecking on the same tree.

The Brown-Capped Woodpecker with its black and white plumage (on the left) blend in quite well with the tree trunk; besides, notice how small he is when standing side by side of a Common Goldenback. I could have missed him if he was alone.

























Here is a close up on the Brown-Capped Woodpecker.

















(click on picture to view larger)

I wonder if our Common Goldenback Woodpecker help popularise the Mohican styled hair.
Check out my post on Orange-Backed Woodpecker.

3 comments:

Tabib said...

Congratulation on your Woodpeckers finding.
There are 25 species of Woodpeckers according to PERHILITAN.
I only got three;-
Rufous Woodpecker
Common Flameback
Banded Woodpecker

Joe said...

I enjoy watching Woodpeckers. We do not see them very often.

zzlaloq said...

Wah so small, no wonder havent seen one.