http://wai-yien.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Birds of Fraser's Hill 1

This beautiful Golden-Throated Barbet was taken during my recent trip to Fraser's Hill. It was a very misty morning and the mist was so thick that I could hardly see the traffic in front of me. And by the time the mist was sun-dried, it was already 10:30 am. Not a good day for a birder because the best birding hours is between 8:00 and 10:30 am.


I spotted quite a few variety of Barbet and this Golden-Throated Barbet was most kind to me because the next guy that you are about to see was pretty shy and elusive. These Barbets are strictly montane.























(click on picture to view larger)

This shy fella is called Fire-Tufted Barbet and I am not particularly proud of this photograph, really.


So, I am sharing with you the exact location on where I located them, please do justice to them by showcasing to the world on how beautiful their plumages really are.


























I spotted them feasting near the Waterfalls area and instead of turning to you right where the entrant to the waterfalls is, go straight ahead and pass the fence. 100 meter from the fence, take the small stairway "up" on your right. And look out for this fruit tree...

Happy birding.


1 comment:

behindthebins said...

What an absolutely gorgeous bird! Wow. My world is covered with snow right now and it does my eyes good to see color.