http://wai-yien.blogspot.com/

Monday, January 19, 2009

Birds of Bukit Tinggi, Pahang

I visited Bukit Tinggi, Pahang recently and I only managed 32 shots after spending the entire day there. Lucky for me that the weather was pretty cool.

I was a little disappointed because there were many other birds that I spotted and I was not quick enough. Who say birding is easy?

Here are some of them ...





















This guy (Japanese Sparrowhawk) was perched on the lamppost waiting for me.
This is definitely a male because female has yellow eyes and dark barred underparts. By the way, the female is larger than the male, take a look here... Japanese Sparrowhawk from FRIM.

Here is a link to MNS on Raptor Watch and pretty interesting write up on Japanese Sparrowhawk.




















(click on picture to view larger)

There he goes. ..

8 comments:

Arija said...

Well lucky you to have birds waiting for you to take ther portraits! They don't do that for me.

mick said...

A very interesting birds and your photos are very nice too. Birds in flight are never easy to capture I have found!

Red said...

Cool looking raptor just waiting for you :)

Natural Moments said...

I like getting these sort of gifts where the birds want their portraits taken.

Bob and Cynthia Kaufman said...

Nice capture of this raptor!

wai yien said...

Especially when I am so new to birding and manual focus on a 400mm F.5.6 coupled with an extender is a real challenge.

Got to do more...

digdeep said...

Hi Wai Yien

Both this and your pics of 'Black Kites' are actually Common Buzzards - quite rare in Malaysia!

Dave

Anonymous said...

Common Buzzard again.