http://wai-yien.blogspot.com/

Friday, August 10, 2007

After mating

Tandem position is the male seizure of the female head (dragonflies) or prothorax (damselflies). The male and female will be in tandem for a while, from seconds to minutes. They may fly in tandem or find a suitable place to settle.

Caption from: http://www.geocities.com/brisbane_dragons/Mating.htm

















After the copulation the couple may separate or remain in tandem, depends on species.
A long period of Tandem Position may be occurred after copulation. The couple may be at rest or in flight and there is no genital contact. The reason could be the male waiting for the female for the readiness of oviposition. By holding the female he can make sure she does not mate with other male before laying eggs.

Y O U ?



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Tuan Rumah said...

Hi! I'm one of the top 20 AllMalaysia contest i.e. Why Must Visit Malaysia? . Since I've been shortlisted, I received tonne of traffic. Good new! I would like to share my traffic with you. How? Vote for me and I will link back to your blog. There will be more traffic come to you if I'm listed on Top 5. Just email me at kzainul@gmail.com once you have voted. If you're not interested, please ignore this, you can delete my message if you hate it.

Mari said...

Hi, I have in my blog a UTube of a cute little Malay girl singing along with Anuar Zain. Perhaps you would want to see her...she is sooo cute. A lot of bloggers came to see her and they play her over and over again. Scroll down to the "Cute" post, and play the video.

I like your post re: lotus flowers, it is informative. I thought they were only for decorative purposes.

Thanks for sharing.

AKEE said...

Thank you Yen, for voting for me. You have a nice blog as well.
AKEE (akeetoons.blogspot.com)