http://wai-yien.blogspot.com/

Monday, August 06, 2007

Lake Chini

Friends and I visited Lake Chini recently and it was my first trip to Lake Chini and I love it. The Jakun tribe inhabits Lake Chini, the country’s second-largest freshwater lake.

You can reach Lake Chini using the East Coast Expressway either exiting at Sri Jaya or Gambang. Choose between driving or taking a slow stroll using a water taxi, either way takes you to the idyllic Lake Chini. Take Sri Jaya exit if you fancy taking a boat ride and head toward Kampung Belimbing, follow the signboard erected all along the trunk road and you can’t go wrong.

The Gambang route will take you and your car straight into Lake Chini Resort where you can put up a night for RM 60 – RM 80. Please refer to the map in “have car will travel” for further details.

If you visit some of the web pages put up by the local authority, they claims that Lake Chini still supports many wild lives like tiger and clouded leopard. As for us, the only wild lives that we ever spotted were lizards, birds and monkeys.

Here are some of pictures taken from Lake Chini, evidently, Lake Chini support a wide variety of flora and fauna. Do enjoy...


A purplish water plant near the floating jetty.































Pictures of thick vegetation along the bank of Lake Chini.






























A lone fishing hut in the middle of the lake.
















The floating Jetty is bustling with activities.
















Side view of the jetty











An eagle soaring high in the sky, i was hoping it dive in and do that fish scooping act, it didn't.

Lake Chini is definitely a definitely a bird watching haven, we spotted many of them on the river cruise and please be sure to go on a river cruise that I regard as the highlight of Lake Chini.


















The vine of a Liana tree reaching out for water along the Chini river.
















The is a beautiful image of a flying lizard, it flew inches above my head and “wow” was the only word I uttered, perhaps I was too taken by the possibility of it landing on top of my head. This picture was taken from the aboriginal village called Kg. Chendahan.
















The village welcomes you.















Children of the Jakun tribe lazing on a bench, ideal?











Native herbs anyone?















What about a blow pipe ?














Hey, come again.





9 comments:

Peter Chen said...

Hi Yen,

Thanks for taking time for leaving a comment in my post Let's be more appreciative of our police force. I have responded to your comment.

Peter (Blog*Star 2006 and 2007)
Blogger Tips and Tricks

Emila Yusof said...

Wow! Lovely pictures! I love the 3rd one the best!

Thank you for visiting my blog! Cheers!

Flipper said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, If not I wouldn't have seen your blog, your photos really capture my imagination and I will coming back for more.

Adrienne said...

Thanks again for visiting my blog. And the pictures are absolutely amazing. It looks so beautiful.

I am tagging you for a Blogging Tips Meme, just go to my blog and follow the instructions on the blog post for today's date August 07, 2007

Heidi said...

thanks for your comment on my blog.

your photos are beautiful!!!! well done!

SiD said...

Hey thanks for the comment on my blog.

Thats a shame that you can't get into new bands and artists around at the moment, some really exciting and interesting stuff going on.

However the 70's/80's were a good time for music, so I understand why you'd want to stick around there and listen to those tunes.

Anyway nice blog, you've got some cool photo's there.

Sid
www.musicliberation.blogspot.com

Evolution said...

thanx for visitng my blog.
http://thequantumsoul.blogspot.com/

I want to visit Malaysia, Thailand,Singapore...someday...

Good job

cdason said...

thanks for visiting my blog Yen...

Nice picture.. Maybe we can make some links in the future...

TXL_x said...

What a beautiful corner of the world. Fascinating culture and scenery. Are you going again?

.And in response to you comment on my blog, yes the motorcycle diaries is a true story about the life of young che guevara :)